Glassworks Nový Bor
Higher Professional Glass School and Secondary School Nový Bor / Vyšší odborná škola sklářská a Střední škola Nový Bor
473 01 Nový Bor
Director: Mgr. Jiří Janás
tel.: +420 487 712 211
Glass forming can be made using off-hand working on blow pipe (punty) or into wooden moulds. Casting of glass into sand and metal moulds is also possible.
The background of the glassworks:
- making turned or mortised moulds according to a pattern submitted (it is necessary to submit up to the end of May 2016),
- common glass tools (bench, blowpipes, shears, forming tongs and similar),
- glass melt – clear glass,
- other colours can be obtained from flashing knobs, frits and glass powders
- thin-walled forms can be annealed in a conveyor belt lehr, thicker glass will be annealed in an annealing kiln,
- the product can be ground according to the participant’s request.